RSCTA Versatility Claims and Awards
The RSCTA Versatility Awards
3 points from 2 or more different columns/disciplines
5 points from 2 or more different columns/disciplines
7 points from 2 or more different columns/disciplines
10 points from 3 or more different columns/disciplines
12 points from 3 or more different columns/disciplines
- To make a claim look in each column
and find the highest level reached by the dog. That is the score for that
discipline. Do the same for all other disciplines (columns) in which you are
involved. Add up the scores. Only one score can be made from each column,
but if alternatives are listed then only one of the items needs to have been
achieved (see examples below).
- Claims must be accompanied by documentary evidence (e.g.
photocopies of: awards or certificates, published reports of events showing
placing, rosette labels etc). Please include registered name and D.o.B of the
- Claims (free) are open to current members and their currently active Collies. Claims for members’ currently active non-Collies will also be considered, for members of 2 years standing (for a small charge of £2.50).
- Back-dated claims will also be accepted for Collies active during the lifetime of the RSCTA (1991) but no longer active, provided
the owner has been an RSCTA member for 3 consecutive years.
- Please send claims to Delia
Moores (see Contacts)
- The Committee will assess the claim and give the award
at the appropriate level. This will consist of:
- a certificate and
- a suitably coloured rosette
- Awards will be listed in a Roll of Honour
on the Website and in the Newsletter.
Fred Bloggs with Rover has won a standard class at a breed open show ( 1 mark) has won an obedience class at a companion show and has the bronze good citizen award ( 1 mark as both these are in the same box) and has a clear round in a scheduled agility class at an open show ( 1 mark). Total 3 marks – claim for Copper .
Ann Other with Fido has a gold good citizen award (3 marks), has 5 clear agility rounds one of which won them 2nd in Grade 1 (2 marks as only the highest level mark in a column counts) and has gained KC RL3 title in rally (3 marks). Total 8 marks – claim for Silver..
Rules for the RSCTA Versatility Awards Scheme
- UK events only. All points to be gained at KC recognised events (except Rally, and level 1 Agility which includes major unaffiliated shows). Shows to be KC Champ or Open unless otherwise stated. Also UKA agility shows where mentioned, ScentworkUK and ScentworkWales where shown, Paws N Music Association HTM tests.
- Wins in breed to count only
if a minimum of 3 dogs are present in the class (level 3 & 2c) or sex (2b) or breed
Multiple RCCs to count only if under different judges.
- Agility places only to count if rosettes were awarded for the place. Fun/luck type classes are not included. .
- Anyone doing Flyball, Herding, Parkour,
Search & Rescue or any other activity or event not covered above is welcome to submit evidence
to the committee. This will enable a decision to be made on an appropriate
score related to the above activities.
- Changes in any discipline
which are likely to cause the need for adjustment of points related to the
other activities can be notified to the committee with evidence.
- Points should be gained while the dog is owned/part-owned by the claimant.
- Once all suitable evidence has been provided the
Committee's decision is final
For all queries, contact Delia Moores (see 'About')